horn inop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
ok,,i got a new to me 1988 2500 lwb 2wd,,5.7 auto,,the horn does not work,,
where is the horn relay,,??
can someone post a picture of it,,i got a relay from auto zone,,and it looks nothing like what i found so far...:Frustrated:
and how do you replace the headlights?/ remove the grill and then headlight assembly??:Frustrated::Frustrated:
thanks

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
to remove the headlight assemblies, you'll find 4 5mm bolts (two for each light), just remove those and they come out the front. no need to take the grill off

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
ok ,,i need some help here,,what does the realy look like,,and where is it? the 2 relays i found look nothing like what i have got so far,,picture plz??????thanks

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
lack of response,,,

i know im a newb but dam,,i get more response from a dead cat,,what the ***,,good thing i really didnt have a crisis like a broken kanuter valve..guess ill find a ford forum,,maybe somebody there can fix a chevy:wtf2:

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i know im a newb but dam,,i get more response from a dead cat,,what the ***,,good thing i really didnt have a crisis like a broken kanuter valve..guess ill find a ford forum,,maybe somebody there can fix a chevy:wtf2:

It took me a minute or two to think of a response to your post. I can see that your frustrated so I won't give your attitude a second thought. I will say that we have done the best that we can do with our combined knowledge and obviously that isn't enough to fix you horn. I will admit that I did about a 1/2 hour google search to see if I could find a picture for you but I didn't have any luck. The only thing that I found said that your relay is a 5 pin. I would suggest that you look in the left kick panel area and try to find 2 5 pin relays and swap them to see if your horn suddenly starts working. Perhaps this is an opportunity for you, "the newb" as you called it to teach us and help somebody else in the future.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score

Haha good luvk on the ford forum

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Attitude is not needed here unless you really don't want any answers from us at all...... Just saying....

So have you looked online and tried researching it yet or are you waiting for all of us to do the work for you??

Wow took me all of 5 minutes to find this.....
http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/5dj51-chevrolet-silverado-1500-88-chevy-silverado.html

Sent from what use to be a great country.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes there ? Is about door locks but look further down and you will see a couple picks with the info you need.

So I guess I am better then a dead cat.... Now kindly take the attitude from you just wanted to be spoon fed things and crying about it when your not and tuck it away somewhere that it can not come out again..like the closet or something.... Being patient and not needy with out some effort at least shown on your behalf will go along way in any community...

Oh and you can find the kanuter valve right next to the blinker fluid and starter fluid at auto zone.....lol. I actually had a lady ask me for starter fluid for her car when I was working service area at "pep boys". Tried so hard not to laugh, politely asked if her boyfriend in the car asked her to come ask about it... She said yes..I told her to go smack him as a car doesn't use starter fluid...... And no she wasn't blonde.

Sent from what use to be a great country.