Holley Sniper EFI in a 94 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
not trying to kill your dream here but i shared this with one of the heads of chevrolet performance today, his response was possible? sure as its a stout bottom end, 2 bolt vs 4 bolt matters nill, more just the hype that hey 4 bolt main dude.

up to 260hp includes no accesories as stated, a different cam, appropraite sized intake and hoping the heads flow that much as those are just junky 70ish cc 70-80s heads. strong casting, nothing performance about them. sadly the 193s boost in compression is more efficient in terms of torque.

now your injection system wont net you power, how well its tuned will sure, but you compare, carb/tpi/tbi/and sniper with all the same variables they will do the same thing. investing in the tbi with an apropriate cam and a decent set of heads is gonna net you more than spending the $1000 your gonna spend on the holley efi. not hating on holley here, we run their system on our LS camaro, not a bad unit at all! but...... your starting with a smogger engine with a good bottom end. priving the theory tbi can support 400hp semi easily, or it being a 94 the possibility of the 7247 computer can open you to the world of mpfi if you care for a learning curve. AEM makes a nice engine controller for cheap, microsquirt, etc. your spending alot for a slap it on hope its right combo, when theres smarter options. a simple bolt on swap of parts retaining what you have currently would be a better options even.

danpro

Reaction score
The whole purpose of going the EFI route was to avoid having to get a custom chip made up for the truck. If its really not worth going the EFI route, I am more than happy with putting a carb on it and changing out the cam, thats all easy work that can be done in a matter of hours. Part of the problem I face however is emissions testing. I'm in Canada and we just got rid of the conditional passes, so you either pass or you fail completely, no leeway. With the carb route, I'd be deleting the EGR and that would make me think I wouldn't pass emissions. Since its a 94, they shove a sock over my tailpipe as opposed to just plugging in the computer so having too much CO or NOx is a guaranteed fail and I don't think a really good cat will be able to help much. Thanks for the input, I'll probs end up just making it a 383 and shoving some better heads and cam into it that way I can register as a hotrod and avoid emissions all together, yay for the planet!