Hobbs 96 Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What kind of headlights are you going to put in those buckets? Looks great.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well due for another update. I finally finished building my fog light harness. Most folks can use the Z71 Tahoe / Tahoe Limited fog light harness, but the 6.5 trucks don’t have the necessary pins in the underdash convenience center. So a custom harness was in order.

Since I was going to have to run a relay, and decided I wanted to condense and clean up some underhood wiring, I bought a relay box and started wiring that up. Eventually I will add my 4 high / heavy duty headlight harness into the box (it’s hot as hell in the garage at night).

I ended up mounting that to the side fender and used a nut rivet system so that I can remove the box easily as I add relays for other things. I also ended up using a gm relay from an early 90s gm car.

And then after all that fun I found out that the light in my horizontal fog switch was burned out..so that got led swapped as well to match my cargo light. To get the matching hint of blue that I wanted I used two bulb covers from my pile of door switch bulbs. Success!

You must be registered for see images attach

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And finally a few outside shots.

First pic is just the fog lights.

Second pic is showing my current 6 high setup.

Third pic is low beams with the halogen bulbs in the Bosch housings.

Fourth pic is the high and low in the Bosch housings.

I hope to try out some leds I bought to see how the light output is with the Bosch housings.