Hobbs 96 Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did get to drive it for close to 6 hours a few weeks ago. Only major issues I’ve found are the rag joint feels like it’s gone, so I picked up a dodge lower shaft to try to put in. Other issue is I can’t stay below 70 in it.

I did get to use it to haul around 800 pounds of topsoil for a gardening project. In that same trip I had a duramax guy checking out my truck and nodding in approval at a stop light.

You must be registered for see images attach

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
I want to get a set of valance lights for mine, even though I don’t have a valance anymore, but I want to run my fog lights under my bumper. I’m enclosing a picture of my front bumper for reference.

My dilemma is what is the light output and beam pattern? I’m asking because I was considering using the 03-06 Silverado fog lights due to the larger light size, even though the output is probably the same as the 88-98.

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
Yeah..you’d have to do some digging on that. I’m not sure how that would all work.

Yeah, I didn’t figure you knew. If you stumble upon a set of brackets with busted lights I would be interested in purchasing them.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I could use JCribb's bumper on my dually for ballast. When I load up that front end hikes something fierce, not much I can do about it.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Well..yeah..I’m horrible at project updates.

Not much has really happened with the truck. I continue to scour junkyards and fb marketplace and eBay for things I can use or things that people need (or is want a better word choice in some situations).

One find was a set of Bosch e code lights that I have been hunting for a while. I finally have a complete set and have starting gathering parts to get those installed.

One of these trips ending up taking me out to the Seattle area and hanging out with @88GMCtruck and @83GMCK2500. We hit 9 yards or so (trip was a blur) in a just a few short days. I had to leave sooo much behind it saddened me. But we did find some cool stuff along the way. If you look close, you can see some of the carcass remains of the 88 gmc truck in the background.

I don't think you have enough underhood reel lights... :893MrT-thumb:

Just joking with you :lol: