Hobbs 96 Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And as promised, here are some photos.

I’ll start with the base Halogen photos. I did note that I needed to adjust the lenses, and did so for the next set of photos. In short, the Halogen low beams were really dim. I did not take a far away shot for these-I should have for a complete comparison.

You must be registered for see images attach

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And here is a set of LEDs in the low beams on the Bosch E code lenses.

I’m pretty happy with the cut off..it does go up and to the right-and from what I’ve been told that is correct as it lights up street signs.

What this does show is that the high beams really don’t add much depth lighting.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A quick update. Work, kids, and life are keeping me busy. Been working on some small projects, and going to the junkyards as time allows. I scored a couple sets of valence fog lights, so I proceeded to blast them, paint them, and load them up with new lenses and housings.

The steering wheels below were a treat. The one wheel was found in a Buick Rainer, and the other black wood grain wheel was found in a Yukon XL-only black wood wheel I’ve ever seen in a 98-02 style wheel.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a way to adapt the 03+ wheel to a 400 that you know of? I know a C6 Corvette wheel fits a C5 if you swap the upper part of the steering shaft and clock spring.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there a way to adapt the 03+ wheel to a 400 that you know of? I know a C6 Corvette wheel fits a C5 if you swap the upper part of the steering shaft and clock spring.
Supposedly if you swap the upper shaft to the 03+ style. From what I’ve read it’s not fun.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Spent a little time on the new wheel. Did a little wetsanding and polishing to remove a couple scratches, and also installed audio controls and the appropriate rear plastic piece (when I got the wheel that part was busted).

rojas84

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fogs for sale ??

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fogs for sale ??

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

:lol::lol: Sorry, I’m keeping them at this point. I’ve got more in them than you can buy the aftermarket ones for. One set is for a future build I’m planning (hint...uses a 130 cluster), and the other is my “that damn deer / car / protester came out of nowhere” spare set.