hit and run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CodeRed26

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good work, yeah it could be worse, but I am not going to be out of pocket for this.

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.
don't know about down their but here in Canada if the body shop sees any rust on the truck anywhere they'll just right it off on the spot the hate is strong

94GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have 1 quote for 3500 from shop, seems really high. I need grille, passenger side lights, ac condenser, oil cooler, and lower bumper filler.

CodeRed26

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have 1 quote for 3500 from shop, seems really high. I need grille, passenger side lights, ac condenser, oil cooler, and lower bumper filler.

hey they gotta make money I guess hell I could do it for $1000 and that would be me pocketing some of the cash hahaha

94GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm thinking of doin it my self except for the paint part.

CodeRed26

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm thinking of doin it my self except for the paint part.

(all CAD) I got a dealer where I live that I can get a brand new grille (white in color) for $150, lights depends on if you want aftermarket or stockers $40-$150, ac condenser and oil cooler pick n pull specials for $60, grille to bumper filler (white in color) for $20, and a hood (white in color) for $40. so top end itll cost $420 (in the states parts are probably better priced especially aftermarket stuff) so you charge buddy $700 for the parts and your labour and youll have a better looking truck in the end also have more pride in it knowing you made it look that good again

94GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
(all CAD) I got a dealer where I live that I can get a brand new grille (white in color) for $150, lights depends on if you want aftermarket or stockers $40-$150, ac condenser and oil cooler pick n pull specials for $60, grille to bumper filler (white in color) for $20, and a hood (white in color) for $40. so top end itll cost $420 (in the states parts are probably better priced especially aftermarket stuff) so you charge buddy $700 for the parts and your labour and youll have a better looking truck in the end also have more pride in it knowing you made it look that good again
Wasn't my buddy, some random guy. But yeah I've been pricing parts from car id. I didn't know I could order them paint matched.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have the insurance info of the other driver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

94GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have the insurance info of the other driver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I've got all his info, but he wants to pay cash and keep off insurance, plus I'm pretty sure they would just total it out and I don't want that.

CodeRed26

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't my buddy, some random guy. But yeah I've been pricing parts from car id. I didn't know I could order them paint matched.

didn't mean it as your buddy just referenced other guy as "buddy" and you don't have any junkyards around? whatever works tho as long as hes paying

94GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
didn't mean it as your buddy just referenced other guy as "buddy" and you don't have any junkyards around? whatever works tho as long as hes paying
Yeah we have some, he wants to to take it his "guy", but I've haven't heard the best things about his "guy". So I may have to just settle with a cash offer and do it myself. I can't imagine actually making someone pay 3500 for work when the truck isn't worth it, ya know.