High revs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck tonight revved like 300rpms over idle then slowly settled down slowly to idle going from drive to park rather quickly. I know it sounds stupid and all but i dont want anything to happen to my transmission and any little thing freaks me out.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Is it cold where you are?

~Via Mobile

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
I dont want to say mine does that every now-and-then because I would be lying, but....

Since my powersteering pump is shot, and I have to rev it to turn my wheels, every now-and-then it will start up and rev a little higher than normal and it allows me to turn the wheels without having to put it into park and rev it up a little..

But its cold down here, so If its cold there, no need to worry, not to mention Engine's are like our brains, they are kinda un-predictable and do their own thing.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well its cold now. Roughly between 20-30 Fahrenheit.? Engine idle is 800ish warm. And last night i was in a hurry and just threw it up into park and the engine revved up to like 1200-1400 rpms, yeah its normal for it to rev for a second disengaging, but it revved for a solid couple of seconds and then slowly dropped to idle. and because i dont have the money or know how if my 60e decided to let go, does anything sound off?

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Well its cold now. Roughly between 20-30 Fahrenheit.? Engine idle is 800ish warm. And last night i was in a hurry and just threw it up into park and the engine revved up to like 1200-1400 rpms, yeah its normal for it to rev for a second disengaging, but it revved for a solid couple of seconds and then slowly dropped to idle. and because i dont have the money or know how if my 60e decided to let go, does anything sound off?
mine does that every once in a blue moon, never have had issues.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
An infrequent 300 rpm flare while in park is nothing to worry about.

Check it for codes and if nothing: keep calm and carry on.

:)

jt1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine does it too every once in awhile but only since its gotten cold, -15 -20 celcius