High performance ingintion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trenton Sauer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering how much it would benefit me to install a performance coil I was looking at getting the Screaming demon from Davis Ignition. And performance spark plug wires, and also widen my spark plug gap. Has anyone installed this coil? please let me know id like to know how this will benefit my power.

I drive a 1993 Chevy 1500 with a 350 5 speed.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why do you want to widen your gap? Without any other performance mods, i see no point in changing the ignition at all.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how much it would benefit me to install a performance coil I was looking at getting the Screaming demon from Davis Ignition. And performance spark plug wires, and also widen my spark plug gap. Has anyone installed this coil? please let me know id like to know how this will benefit my power.

I drive a 1993 Chevy 1500 with a 350 5 speed.
Total waste of time, money, effort, and enthusiasm unless what you have now is faulty. If the parts you're replacing aren't defective, you'll never notice a difference in the way the truck runs.

Well, OK, you widen the gap too much, and you're going to misfire and cook the catalyst.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Total waste of time, money, effort, and enthusiasm unless what you have now is faulty. If the parts you're replacing aren't defective, you'll never notice a difference in the way the truck runs.

Well, OK, you widen the gap too much, and you're going to misfire and cook the catalyst.

This. It'd be much simpler to light the money on fire.

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Save your money and effort. The stock ignition is more than adequate for your engine and you will gain nothing with a "performance" ignition. In fact most of the crap out there sold as "performance" parts for ignition are unreliable garbage that will leave you stranded when you least expect it.

Stay stock, buy quality stock replacement parts, keep it in good shape and that will net you the best results for your investment. Believe it or not...

Richard