HIDs interfering with radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im having radio issues with my HIDs. When the lights are on and I have the radio playing it can get develop a lot of static, turn them off and radio is fine. I thought at first it was cause they were mounted to the inner fender and interfering with the antenna. So I zip tied them up and I still have the same problem. Anyone else experiencing this? Any fix ideas? Im also running an aftermarket deck fyi.

cheers

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a relay for each HID and one for the "4 Hi mod" to prevent this from happening ...
Also, I made new grounds for my relays and ballast ... Alot of extra work, but well worth it !!!

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with mine. I even put in a HD harness with seperate relays and I'm still getting the static.

Any ideas?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check your grounds guys. Battery to frame, body to frame, engine to frame. Noise like that is usually from a ground loop issue iirc

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with mine. I even put in a HD harness with seperate relays and I'm still getting the static.

Any ideas?
Sounds like a grounding issue ... bring it to me so we can get your Big 3 done and install that component set ...

Check your grounds guys. Battery to frame, body to frame, engine to frame. Noise like that is usually from a ground loop issue iirc
Have you guys done 'The Big Three'?
I agree ...

itst9

Reaction score
I have noticed this as well. Im running HID's in my hi beams with the 4Hi mod. It only occurs while the HID's are warming up with my RF Ipod adapter, the radio is fine if your listening to just the radio. There is also a wiring harness for the HID's so they are wired separately. Kinda intrigues me as to why it does this, im running all stock stereo.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have noticed this as well. Im running HID's in my hi beams with the 4Hi mod. It only occurs while the HID's are warming up with my RF Ipod adapter, the radio is fine if your listening to just the radio. There is also a wiring harness for the HID's so they are wired separately. Kinda intrigues me as to why it does this, im running all stock stereo.
Factory grounds suck ... plain and simple
I replace / possibly relocate / rebuild / repair every grounding point I can get my hands on in my truck ...

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had that problem with my first set of hid'd....I bought a set a couple of years later that were "digital boxes" or something and it solved the problem....My thoughts are that they are from china what else would you expect?...haha..