Hey Guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nator97

Reaction score
Welcome. Another person about the same age as me and that lives in the same area. If you need help on your truck I'm always down to help.

firefighter_2319

more time than money
Reaction score
well currently nebraska but originally from your neck of the woods.....southern illinois, carbondale/marion area

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome. Another person about the same age as me and that lives in the same area. If you need help on your truck I'm always down to help.

Really! My power steering pump just went out. Ever change one? haha jk I'm down for doing something major as like a learning experience. If you ever plan on doing a suspension lift I did the rear end on my truck by myself.

Welcome! im about 2 hour and 20 min east of you, or about 3 hours directly accross illinois from St. Louis.

What town you from? I usually end up in Southeastern Illinois through work.

Last edited:

Nator97

Reaction score
Really! My power steering pump just went out. Ever change one? haha jk I'm down for doing something major as like a learning experience. If you ever plan on doing a suspension lift I did the rear end on my truck by myself.

Actually i have had to change the power steering pump on mine. it wasnt that bad just it can be hard to get to for the hoses.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I've changed the high pressure line once and i just found out looking at it my pulley is broke and the hose I put in had fallen out of the reservoir side. You aren't supposed to put any kind of thread sealer on it, are you?

Nator97

Reaction score
Yeah I've changed the high pressure line once and i just found out looking at it my pulley is broke and the hose I put in had fallen out of the reservoir side. You aren't supposed to put any kind of thread sealer on it, are you?

I didnt. i just tightened it up real good and its been good ever since. i do check it to make sure its loose every time i change my oil though and make sure its still tight.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didnt. i just tightened it up real good and its been good ever since. i do check it to make sure its loose every time i change my oil though and make sure its still tight.

Yeah I figured you weren't required to, but I must've tightened it very well since I maybe only put, oh I'd say around, 1000 miles since I replaced it. Besides that anything engine related isn't really bothering me at the moment since I will probably have a brand new 5.7L crate soon from GM dealership in Red Bud, Weir Chevrolet, I believe, but can't remember. My buddy knows a guy that has an engine shop and has put 5.3L in a GMT400 before. I would love to get a 6.0L vortec in mine, but I really don't want to dick with the :bs: of wiring in the new harness.