Hey from Virginia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amory

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum and going to have a lot of questions in the near future. Picked up a 1 owner 1998 extended cab Z71 Silverado almost a year ago. When I bought it, it had a 305, the 3" body lift, and the same obnoxious muffler. It now has a new 350 and some cheap odds and ends that I've replaced. I plan on taking it to college with me in a few months and also plan to hunt out of it. I've been doing research on lifts and suspension parts since I've owned it, but I'm really having trouble deciding what route I want to go with it.

You must be registered for see images

Here it is on a set of Suburban wheels wrapped in some 285/75/r16s. This was shortly after I brought it home, and right before my cousin and I replaced the steering gearbox. Definitely not the prettiest it's ever looked. The chrome grill was flaking so a buddy and I sprayed it black, and threw in the smoked headlights that a family friend gave me for free. Looks pretty much the same now, but with clears, a chrome grill, and a billet bowtie.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Cant view your pic.

John Moore

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If only I could find a Black extended cab around here that isn't ragged out...:/ Welcome to the forum!!

Amory

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Spend a little time on the truck this past weekend and got some stuff done I’ve been putting off for a while. Guess I’ll have to start a build thread.

Amory

Reaction score
If only I could find a Black extended cab around here that isn't ragged out...:/ Welcome to the forum!!
Lol, I don’t think I’ll buy another one. It looks great but it gets really hot, especially with my A/C not working right now.. Also it’s a pain to actually keep looking clean because of all the dirt it shows.