Hesitation under load

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sethterry1696

Reaction score
I have a 94 silverado with a 350 motor has around 60k on it. Truck runs great other than if you really get into second gear bogs really bad around 2500rpm once it clears up it pulls good. Also has a very intermediate miss at idle and has a very rich smell. Any help would be appreciated

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
any codes, OBD1 can set codes without the check engine light coming on.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Start by checking fuel pressure.
...under load, in second gear, when it's bogging.

any codes, OBD1 can set codes without the check engine light coming on.
But don't stop with just "checking codes". Codes can be useful, but the real clues are in the data stream. While you have the scan tool connected, verify EVERY sensor, verify the computer outputs.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spent 20 years using a Snap-On MTG2500 (similar to the less-expensive MT2500) and software cartridges that got me VIN-specific access from 1980 1/2 to 2005 or so.

When I killed that tool, I bought a Snap-On Solus Pro, with software from '80 1/2 to 2007.

Both of those purchased "used" on eBay at a fraction of their original cost.

Other folks get by with cables and software to run on a laptop computer. I've got ZERO experience with that, and I seem to have none of their troubles, either.

There are other professional-grade scan tools than just the Snap-On family; but I've got no experience with them, either.

And there's a huge stinking pile of bottom-feeder consumer-grade junk that I don't have any experience with, either.

Sethterry1696

Reaction score
I spent 20 years using a Snap-On MTG2500 (similar to the less-expensive MT2500) and software cartridges that got me VIN-specific access from 1980 1/2 to 2005 or so.

When I killed that tool, I bought a Snap-On Solus Pro, with software from '80 1/2 to 2007.

Both of those purchased "used" on eBay at a fraction of their original cost.

Other folks get by with cables and software to run on a laptop computer. I've got ZERO experience with that, and I seem to have none of their troubles, either.

There are other professional-grade scan tools than just the Snap-On family; but I've got no experience with them, either.

And there's a huge stinking pile of bottom-feeder consumer-grade junk that I don't have any experience with, either.
I am gonna replace the coolant temp sensor for the computer cause it's cheap and easy and if that don't fix it I will look into getting a scan tool