Hesitation on acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nw2000

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, more so when sitting at a light, not so much when hauling ass down the road, LOL. However, since we don't have a MAF or IAT you will have different AFRs in summer and winter. IMHO headers still give you better performance given the engine breathes better from intake down.
You know I do find it to act up more if I sit at a light or stop sign for a while especially on a hot day.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how do you know if your manifold are bad or worn?
I don't think you could hurt cast exhaust manifold unless maybe they rusted out or cracked from expansion and contraction. Put a straight edge on them and see if they are on the same plane at the ports. I guess you can always have them Magnafluxed.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think you could hurt cast exhaust manifold unless maybe they rusted out or cracked from expansion and contraction. Put a straight edge on them and see if they are on the same plane at the ports. I guess you can always have them Magnafluxed.

That's a good idea I'll try it.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve done tune up, fuel pressure good, back pressure tested cats, replace fuel filter, and egr solenoid. Gonna have a mechanic look at it this week.

Scooterl

Reaction score
I have a 1994 5.7 tbi this morning as i started it the engine light came on and while it was idling in park i would start to rev it up and it would start to fall flat when i would drive it when it changed to 2nd it had pretty god snap to the shift.This is my first vehicle thats computer controlled I have a 1977 square body.