P0171, P0174, miss firing when accelerating.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlakeParker

Reaction score
Recently my 98 GMC k1500 5.7 started throwing a P0171 and P0174 code. Misfires occasionally when I am leaving a light. Just falls on its face. I think it is probably the air intake not sealing (last thing changed before the codes) Will check that in the morning.

But tonight I had my truck in my shop for a few hours doing headlights and letting it thaw. On my way home I was driving then the truck started missing at random. Couldn’t get above 80 km. It would start missing and acting like it’s trying to change gears. Had this issue before. Changed trans because 1st was slipping and it solved it. But noticed the plug for the trans wasn’t seating all the way on the first trans and wouldn’t clip in. New trans still won’t clip and the grease in the plug was like a rock So cleaned it. Would that plug not making a good connection cause it to have a false rev limit when trying to shift? Or moisture in the plug Causing that? Maybe PCM is going? Any ideas on this would be great. Will poke around tomorrow at my buddies place and see what I can find. Hoping the lean conditions are easy and hoping the plug is wet.

Sorry for rambling.