herculiner idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeeves

Reaction score
Coating all of a truck with herculiner... How much weight would that add? That **** isn't light, from my understanding.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Coating all of a truck with herculiner... How much weight would that add? That **** isn't light, from my understanding.

nothing noticable. herculiner dosent go on as thick as linex or anything. and its really not a whole lot. whatever your 3-4 jugs weigh.. it will be less than that.

chevyboy1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok i didnt think it would weigh too much but it can be thick it just depends on the person applying it i am going to go 3 coats on the most part and 5 on my rocker panels i thought about colored herculiner on the most part of the truck to make it a littel different but i only have two options red or white theres also grey but they to me would be ugly.what does everybody think of colored herculiner?

chevyboy1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have rhino lining on another truck of mine and its faded as heck and i rarely leave it out in the sun.i would like to have line-x or rhino for the entire truck but its way over my budget

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I used duplicolor bed armor or something, no fade whatsoever, I wouldnt reccomend it over any bad rust though, but then again nothing goes over rot nicely.

99K2500

Reaction score
I suggest if the paint on your truck is still in decent shape wait a few months/ yr to do this, if it was me i wouldnt do this until the paint on my truck was beyond repair.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
My friend has his rockers herculined. It's held up good for a year. I will say you need to fix any rust before you put the bed line on it. The herculiner on his ate right through the rust spots since they weren't protected before it was put on. And it hasn't faded one bit yet, but the texture like to hold dirt in so him living on a gravel road makes the herculiner look way faded.