HELP!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackshirts

Reaction score
well first off i cannot post in the classifieds yet so i think heres a good place to post? since i got my new job after i pay off my current 98 which wont take long at all since ill be banking :p i am looking for ANOTHER 98 but it HAS to be to these specs i will travel far if its in my specs and good condition looking to buy probly around april ish

1998:silverado:k1500/k2500:ext cab/short box:color doesnt matter but NO brown:z71 prefered but 4x4 is ok:low miles(under 150 unless its super nice: manual is prefered but also not required or that would just be too incredibly hard to find:and last but not least must have the 6.5l turbo diesel:

I know these are tight specs but i saw a super nice one around here a few months ago on craigslist but at that time i was still working at a grocery store, now im gonna start working for cargil for maintence at about $15 a hour $17 after three months and im in high school yet so no bills to pay cept for the truck :D and since these are such demanding specs i thought id post on here in case some one sees one for sale, thank you :)

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I am going to say 2 things and you do not have to listen to them at all.

1. I thought it was all easy to find until you threw in the diesel, but I will keep my eye out anyways.
2. I know you are 18 and excites to be making some money but take it from me... Save the money instead of buying another truck, in the end you will end up needing it for something else and will love having it saved up instead of selling stuff off to get money.

Like I said you do not have to listen to my advice but I gave it anyways.

blackshirts

Reaction score
well i just got hired "officially" yesterday and they have a big issue with maintenace positions right now so till thats resolved im just gonna be cowboying for them, not like i havent done that my whole life, and i respect about saving money because trust me i am, but im also going to college for free on a 100% ride ill still be making about 35k a year wich isnt bad i suppose since im still in high school and i also farm so i aint too worried, but trust me i have back-up funds :) anyways ima go take a video of my truck cuz i said i would a wee while back and im considering selling it maybe like middle next year

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sorry for jumping off topic here but i thought the 6.5 wasnt that great of a motor???? correct me if im wrong but i know sevral local guys that have them and hate them (gas millage sucks and i know a buddy that Has went throuogh two rebuilt motors in less then like 8 years, somthing about the crank messing up or somthing i duno) ive never looked into them because i have never wanted one, ive always wanted a OBS with a cummins in it. maybe someone can chime in on this. if they are bad id hate for you to get one and have problems.