Help with swapping to throttle by wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got a 2007 Suburban gas pedal and I'd like to adapt it to my 91 Silverado any photos of people doing this?

Thanks,
Rick

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why? Not to be rude but its a awful idea. Most people spend money getting rid of the drive by wire.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You don't want that headache......just m uh opinion... by why try to fix something that ain't broken.....design wise for that year..

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
We have drive by wire on my wifes 2005 minivan......works OK, but just doesnt feel the same as a cable throttle

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got a 2007 Suburban gas pedal and I'd like to adapt it to my 91 Silverado any photos of people doing this?

Thanks,
Rick
Guys do it all of the time with swaps on ls1truck but they are also using the computer and tac module from the engine that they are swapping in.

Rick1991

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe I should of mentioned I have the engine to go with it, because I'm doing the swap.. Just wondering if it simple to mount it up to firewall and keep it oem looking.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have seen just a handful of these in pictures and most look ok. I have wondered about using the GMT400 pedal assembly for a 94-00 6.5 diesel, it is drive by wire as well.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Maybe I should of mentioned I have the engine to go with it, because I'm doing the swap.. Just wondering if it simple to mount it up to firewall and keep it oem looking.

NO it will not mount to the stock location and fit. The arm the pedal is mounted on needs to be cut and tweaked to get it in the correct position. Mine is mounted and twisted a lil bit to make it work but I will be tweaking it for a better fit. I have been looking for a diesel pedal to mount to the firewall. I have heard that the tac module and pedal need to be matched up so I would want to take the electronics off and swap them over.

hybrid1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went from dbw on my swap to dbc. It would be best if you do want the dbw setup to get the harness for that engine and tac module. Another downside to dbw is the delay between your foot and when the throttle blade actually responds. It can be tightened up through the tune but why bother if your able to go to dbc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk