Help with 5-6 lug swap... Tire size with nnbs wheels.. Drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ladyzm18

Reaction score
Doing the 5 to 6 lug swap with 2500ld rotors and axle. Just scored these wheels free tires are pretty shot. I only have 2" shackles in rear installed, have hangers to get 4" out of rear. Also have 2" bell tech spindles to go on can some one point me in correct direction for a tire set up looking for a staggered set up..
You must be registered for see images

Tires on wheels know are 275/70/17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I think you're gonna have problems up front with the backspacing on those wheels.

Richard

Ladyzm18

Reaction score
With 2" spindle? Or can I get by without doing spindle?

Ladyzm18

Reaction score
Anyone have a link to any gmt400 forums? Just looking for a lil help, have searched. Hope to find someone with similar swap

Ladyzm18

Reaction score
Someotherguy how about these 17's?
You must be registered for see images

Will they work? Still looking for an answer on first set of wheels will they work with out drop?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
All of the GMT800 and later wheels have a huge amount of backspacing due to a wider track suspension. Your potential issue is the wheel rubbing on the backside. Exactly where or how I can't tell you, but I can say that trying to use those wheels on a stock height GMT400, I ran into things like the wheel hoop (aluminum) rubbing on the end of the upper control arm. With the steel wheels the tires would rub on the frame at full lock. It's been a few years so memory is vague, these were just wheels I was using on parts trucks in the yard, not any of my own personal projects. But again, the main issue is the backspacing, they are similar to GMT400 4WD wheels in that respect.

Richard

Ladyzm18

Reaction score
My main goal was to run GM ltz 20" wheels do you know of any webpage that may give stock wheel backs pacing so I can see what wheels may work?

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did the swap so i could run these wheels that came off an 06 I have a set of chrome steel wheels that I have as for rollers but havnt had them on the truck yet.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ladyzm18

Reaction score
Bad ass!
I'm trying to get my truck to a roller but don't want to do swap till I know wheels will at least get me around,,, not sure on tire size up front to fit gmt800 17's.

Got a pic of the whole truck? Any of underneath rear end? Found axle just want to see how the 14 looks by my 10 bolt:)
Any issues u had with rear end?
Part number for drive shaft to axle?