Help removing idler arm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No chance I can get to the nut to remove the arm from the center link. Can I turn the wheels to move it over where I can get to it or do the wheels need to be straight.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Should be able to. I’d turn it outward to get the nut off, loosen the drag link, then turn back. Or, just take the whole idler arm assembly off-not too bad.

Is this on your lifted truck?

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Should be able to. I’d turn it outward to get the nut off, loosen the drag link, then turn back. Or, just take the whole idler arm assembly off-not too bad.

Is this on your lifted truck?
Yes, my truck. I'm replacing the idler arm bracket as well. I just need some space to get to the nut. The drop bracket is in the way with the wheels straight. Wasn't sure if I could uninstall and reinstall with the wheels turned. So I'm good to go turning the wheels correct?

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’d think so. The drag link will square it all back up ok.
Just torque down the locking nut on the idler arm bracket using the allen key to hold the shaft or blast it on with an impact?

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When changing the pitman arm you want things straight the idler arm is just along for the ride and can be changed in any position.
Fantastic, I'll install tomorrow. Did the control arms and tie rods today. It's beer time

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Move it however you want it. Everything is moving

There isn't a single nut on the truck that should be blasted on with an impact.
just to get it to seat on the taper. Torque down proper after. Guess you recommend a wrench and the allen key