HELP! (Removing CV Axle)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Code:
A wrench may hold the link end and if you have an old wrench bend it to fit and hold. sometimes just as easy to cut and replace. They are cheap.
To get the cv out jacking the lower control arm up seems to help getting it out under the flange.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I'm thinking I'm going to cut them and see how it handles with them disconnected. Should help with the IFS travel, I just won't take curves going 75 haha.

After searching FSC, it appears that perhaps the torsion bars being cranked is the culprit?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well I got it off by cutting off one of the bushings to get some play in it and then putting a 13MM wrench inside the a-arm to hold the nut. Phew.

Removed the skid plate, dropped the axle. But now I am pretty sure it was the wheel bearing haha.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Tried that, no hope of it getting straight. Cut off one of the bushings to get a little wiggle in it, after unbolting the entire sway bar from the truck, and was at least able to get a wrench in the a-arm to hold the nut while I turned the top. The replacement I got was a little shorter than the stock one, so I put it in upside down so only the head of the bolt is in the a-arm.