Help. Please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, I have decided that I want the 2.5inch skyjacker lift. I was also trying to find a 1 inch body lift for this truck. I've found them for everything but my truck. Which is a 98 ecsb 4x4. I don't like body lifts at all. And I don't really want anything bigger than the 2.5inch lift. I could go 4 but I don't really want to get that big. I think it will make me want a bigger tire than what I have. So I am looking for a 1 inch body lift to equal out to a 3.5inch lift. Does anyone know of a company that makes a body lift that small for a 98. All I can find is 2 and 3inch. I do not want 3. So if there are no 1 inch body lifts, how much will the 2 inch effect?

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dont waste your money on the torsion key lift get a set of 2 inch lift blocks for the rear springs turn the torsion keys up a little and go with the 2 inch body lift and you'll be right about what your looking for.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
With Just a 3" Body lift, you realize your truck is lifted, and you don't necessarily have to get a bigger tire to make it look better, with a 3" body lift, 285s and 15 or 16x8s, you would look right.

Make some gap guards, get the rear bumper relocator, and you are set.

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
http://www.ntwonline.com/97-98_GM_1500_2_5_INCH_KIT_W_O_P10533C153.cfm
This is the lift, I have already wasted the money on torsion keys. I want to take them off. I know I will be lifted with a 3inch body. But I hate body lifts, always have. Not to sure why. So I am not even considering a 3inch body. I would also like a little more ground clearance. That is where the lift comes in. The 1 inch body was only for a little extra clearance. That is all. Tire wise.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
http://www.ntwonline.com/97-98_GM_1500_2_5_INCH_KIT_W_O_P10533C153.cfm
This is the lift, I have already wasted the money on torsion keys. I want to take them off. I know I will be lifted with a 3inch body. But I hate body lifts, always have. Not to sure why. So I am not even considering a 3inch body. I would also like a little more ground clearance. That is where the lift comes in. The 1 inch body was only for a little extra clearance. That is all. Tire wise.

Those lifts are not that great. Yes you get flatter CV axle angles but your steering and balljoints are still stressed alot. Some people have luck with the upper control arms working and others not. No ground clearance is really gained from the lift as it does drop the front diff down, only taller tires will get it higher.

19-Silverado-98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well thanks for everyones opinion. I am just going to save up and get the 4in suspension lift.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't go 3" body :imo: It's just too damn much...2" is perfect, then do your 2" blocks and crank and yes the torsion keys are a complete waste of $ for these trucks you can get 1.5" of crank before having bad angles the keys would only allow you to crank above that and you DO NOT want to do that.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
x2 to both things southren pride said. if you want 4" of lift go with 2"bl and 2" block with crank, 4" suspension is better but 6" is the best. for the extra like 50$ you can just leave out the add a leaf and leave your frontend completely uncranked for like 4.5" of lift and an awesome ride, then sell you aal to someone who wants to get lift through cranking