Help picking an amplifier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
DF2x4 - you really opened a can of worms here, I WILL find an answer LOL

This is a Lanzar 5channel, maybe that's what it's called now instead of Phantom. Anyways, I believe this wiring was similar to my Phase.

You must be registered for see images attach

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there any such thing as 6x9 kick panels? I already bought them and sending them back would cost shipping plus restocking fee?

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
would keeping the 4 plus the rear 6x9s possibly be equaled out if I added a set of kicker panel speakers or ones in the dash?

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
and for the record I am sorry if I am coming off as if I am not listening or don't get it, I am just trying to utilize what I have already bought.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow you got quite the inventory going on there!!!

Speaking of throw-backs, I still have and original Orion HCCA in storage somewhere!

Phantom Channels, honestly I don't remember and I have spent over an hour searching the net for a diagram!!! And btw, thanks for sending me down memory lane! Went through all my old pics to find a few images of my old amp set up! :anitoof:

Ha, thanks. That's actually just some of my old Lanzar stuff. I've got basically an entire room full of old school Lanzars, Denons, and some other junkers that always slip my mind. Those old Orions were really nice.

DF2x4 - you really opened a can of worms here, I WILL find an answer LOL

This is a Lanzar 5channel, maybe that's what it's called now instead of Phantom. Anyways, I believe this wiring was similar to my Phase.

You must be registered for see images attach

I gotcha, I think what you're referring to is just bridging the third and fourth channels on a 4 channel. I have seen those 5 channels and similar stuff, that's basically what they're accomplishing. Think of that Lanzar as more of a 6 channel with the last two bridged mono.

Is there any such thing as 6x9 kick panels? I already bought them and sending them back would cost shipping plus restocking fee?

Nope. Nothing that's pre-made, anyway.

would keeping the 4 plus the rear 6x9s possibly be equaled out if I added a set of kicker panel speakers or ones in the dash?

Nope. Still going to sound way off-balance. Even with the 6.5"s in the kick panels I have my concerns about the four 4"s behind your head. You're going to have to keep the 4"s turned down waaaay low no matter what. If you really want to even it out then I'd think about kick panel speakers AND dash speakers, no rear 6X9s. Seriously, you're way overboard on rear fill as it is.

and for the record I am sorry if I am coming off as if I am not listening or don't get it, I am just trying to utilize what I have already bought.

I get that, I really do. I'm just trying to keep you from investing a bunch of time into something that you're most likely not going to be happy with. The fact that you're trying to use that headliner complicates things quite a bit.

Last edited:

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
would it sound better if I did the 4 stock location speakers plus the head liner ones and maybe the 5 and ah half kick panels

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
would it sound better if I did the 4 stock location speakers plus the head liner ones and maybe the 5 and ah half kick panels

Yes, although like I said I'd leave the factory rear speaker location empty if you really want to use the headliner. You do not need any more than those four 4"s behind you. Any more will have a negative effect. You want the majority of the sound in front of you.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
true, I have been researching it a lot and from what I have read, everyone that has them loves them. i think i will start with the 4 head liner speakers and then add on from there to see where the sound is needed and fill in accordingly. I have to modify all the interior panels anyway so why not. Who knows, maybe the results will be surprising. Between the sound deadener and foam filled areas and "sound pockets" it may resonate differently than thought.