Help needed ASAP. 99 4.8 in 94 c1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Update June 18th. Rechecked and took apart harness. Now have power to all sensors like it should.

Issue Fuel Pressure. I'm getting 40PSI at start/idle and throttle which I believe is reason for engine cutting out. If I recall should be 55/60PSI at idle and not drop sub 40s under throttle.

Reaction score
Update June 20th:

Fuel Pressure is now 60PSI (changed to a better fuel pump)

Still revs up and then just cuts out. I'm at a loss on what it could be at this point. I have done 100s of custom swaps but normally dont go behind other people because of this.

I will upload a video but it literally revs perfect 500-1000 rpm then just stops revving and cuts out if you press gas pedal down to floor. If you try to baby it through it starts jumping and running rough at same area. It's almost identical spot everytime.

93crewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Throw that harness away and buy a brand new harness off ebay for like 200 to 300 dollars.

Reaction score
Throw that harness away and buy a brand new harness off ebay for like 200 to 300 dollars.

I am waiting on customer to authorize the new harness. It was already highly suggested when the truck was dropped off and I took a look at it.

Still trying to figure out why it's cutting out. I dont believe it's a harness issue since it idles and revs up 500 or so rpm before it cuts out. It doesnt make any sense as to what it could be. I didnt get any rev up when I took propane and checked for vacuum leaks either. Just figured someone might have ran into it and had a thought of what potential issue could be.

Reaction score
June 20th- New harness ordered. However still having issue as explained here is a video

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media