Help needed ASAP. 99 4.8 in 94 c1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am considering looking for a custom or factory harness. Anyone know of anyone?

There are a few guys on the LS Swapped GMT400 Facebook group who do harness work. Can't remember any names off the top of my head but if you have a FB account you could jump on there and ask.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
It'd probably be quicker & easier to yank that mess & start over with a clean slate. Nothing worse than trying to fix someone else's hack job.
Check the files & read up before asking Q's. 99.9% of the info you need to do the swap is within.
...and, some of the members can get a little cranky ('Little'? More like outright nasty! Lol!) about questions asked when the answers are already in the files.

If you look in the 'recommendations' section, there's a few companies & individuals listed that make plug & play harnesses. What they charge is well worth the savings in headaches.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/607...if_id=1590464843228873&notif_t=group_activity

Reaction score
Yes this isnt my 1st hack job swap that I've been stuck with. I pulled out the harness and am going to start eliminating the unneeded stuff and then repair from there.

I'm not diminishing the value of the others harnesses, but I cant justify paying $350 and sending the harness in for this project mainly because of time restrictions of shipping back and forth and if there happens to be an issue then doing it again. So going to rework this one myself.

I definitely will search and look around I got my all data working so I have all the spinouts now etc.

Thanks for the replies will update when I get it finished.

Reaction score
Update: went through and fixed all the **** ups. Got the butt connectors on to give the 2 orange wires constant power and the 2 PCM pink wires that typically recieve power from Key fixed to get power.

Now have power to the IAC and TPS sensor.
Made a plate to block off egr

Idle is now decent.

Revs and drives to around 2000RPM then just cuts out completely and goes all the way back to idle.

Not sure what I overlooked and missed on this hack job.

Any thoughts or suggestions?