Help my low beams arn't working!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnionLoaf

Reaction score
Last night when I hopped in my truck I tried the lights and i got only park lights, I have high beams and everything else except low beams, i have tried changing the bulbs, checked all the fuses, and changed the switch and yet, the problem still remains, someone please help me!

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, what switch did you replace? When the headlight switch starts to fail, usually the headlights will work intemitently (regardless of high or low). Another possibility is a broken wire, you don't happen to have one of the low end "Relay Harness's" do you? I've seen those fail time and time again, and will cause problems like this. I would start by checking to see if your getting any voltage at the headlight plug.

OnionLoaf

Reaction score
I must have been in a hurry when I wrote that, sorry :S I changed the head light switch, but now I'm thinking its the dimmer switch cause there is no voltage at the end of the plug going to the head light.

OnionLoaf

Reaction score
right on, thats first on my list for tomorrow then, I'll post back with the results

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Mine did the opposite. My headlights work but last night I clicked on my lights and the gauge, parking lights and tag lights didn't come on.. :nono:

Do parts stores sell the switch?

OnionLoaf

Reaction score
I was able to pick up a new dimmer switch from my local parts store, and that turned out to be the problem, the connection for the low beams on the old switch was just burned out, changed it out this morning and my rigs good to go :D