Help me identify this hose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GT80

Reaction score
(1998 K1500 5.7) I just got done with some major repairs and the truck is running great now. Even the check engine light is off. I had no leftover hardware or parts when I was done except for this one hose. Looks like some sort of vent hose. Smells like oil/fuel/exhaust. I can't find where it came from.

Attachments

• IMG_5909.jpg
    IMG_5909.jpg
    552 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5910.jpg
    IMG_5910.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

GT80

Reaction score
Sorry, 1998 K1500 5.7

I had that in my profile but I just added to my signature.

I replaced the lower intake manifold gasket, water pump, timing set, oil pump, front diff, and all steering linkages.

Maybe I'm losing my mind and this is just some random hose, but it was laying on my upper fan shroud among my pile of parts so I assumed I pulled it from the truck.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Sorry, 1998 K1500 5.7

I had that in my profile but I just added to my signature.

I replaced the lower intake manifold gasket, water pump, timing set, oil pump, front diff, and all steering linkages.

Maybe I'm losing my mind and this is just some random hose, but it was laying on my upper fan shroud among my pile of parts so I assumed I pulled it from the truck.

My guess is that it's the vent line for the front differential.

GT80

Reaction score
That's what I thought at first, but I traced that all the way from the diff to the vent cap at the radiator and that's all there.