Help Me Build My Truck (That I Don't Have Yet)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I plan to buy an extended cab '94 Z-71 here soon. It is stock with green/silver two tone, 5.7L, auto, gray interior, power everything, cruise, etc.

This will not be a DD. I've been searching for months for the perfect truck, and I've decided that a '94 ext. cab fits that bill. I am a big fan of the older interiors (I've owned two of them), and also of the TBI.

Here's what I plan so far:

First thing, major tune up. Oil change, new plugs, wires, all new sensors, new pigtails where deemed necessary, rotor cap, distributor cap, hoses where deemed necessary, flush radiator/cooling system, flush tranny, replace fuel filter.

First major set of mods: Replace TBI with Holley 502-9, replace air cleaner with K&N 63-1007-1, add Edelbrock 3704 Intake Manifold, Hooker 2462HKR long tube headers, not sure of what to with the exhaust past that, I don't want it loud though. I'm guessing run true duals with an x-pipe, some high flow cats, and quietening mufflers.

After that set that should have her running like a champ, so where do we go from here? Inside: Replace headliner, add 95-98 overhead center console, re-upholster seats if necessary, replace every button that is worn.

Now, exterior. Going to completely debadge and remove all decals, replace tailgate with new one w/ all new inner workings, remove all moldings, add crystal clear headlights and parklamps, replace OEM orange side markers if neeeded, replace OEM tail-lights if needed.

Then its off to the body shop for a fresh coat of black paint and any dent repair, no matter how small.

Back to me, I add new tailgate CHEVROLET strip, all new badges, new pre-cut molding set, new wheel well chrome molding, new Z-71 decals.

Now is where I am split...do I keep the stock look? Just add some 285's to the stock wheels and a black brush guard?

ORRRR do I go all out and go with a Peacemaker bumper like this one (but black):
You must be registered for see images

Then add 4" lift with 18x9" Black XD Monsters and 33"x12.50"x18" Toyo MT's???

What am I missing? What would you all suggest?