Help Identifying anything about my stepfathers old truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cam Cline

Reaction score
So like the title said, my stepdad recently passed away. There was this truck he had been working on for a few years here and there, whenever he could get money to put into it. I've decided I want to finish the truck in his memory, but I know almost nothing about it. There's no manual so I can't even identify the car model.

Here's and album of pictures of the truck: https://imgur.com/a/iFpSF

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It is a 88-89 Chevy Cheyenne C1500. It has been repainted. Someone added the carpet. It has cal vue mirrors. It has 96-98 vortec heads, an early style HEI distributor, MSD ignition box with an RPM limiter, headers, Edelbrock 4 barrel manual choke carburetor but no choke cable, what appears to be an Edelbrock RPM air gap style intake manifold, a bad location for the electric fuel pump, a scary amount of rubber fuel line (it would never pass in inspection at a drag strip), billet valve covers and an a/c delete pulley. It also looks like a 4/6 drop. It looks like a solid foundation for a fun street truck but it needs to have someone clean up that wiring and redo the fuel pump and lines before it should be considered safe or reliable. A single weekend would be about all it would need in the right hands.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Seems like skylark hit the nail right on the head. Just wanted to post saying that I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

Cam Cline

Reaction score
Thanks So much guys! Really Appreciate it. I'm gonna load it up and take it out to my uncles next weekend start there.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I forgot something last night. If you start having problems with it chewing up belts, it is most likely because of cracks in the steel bracket holding the accessories. It is a fairly common problem. The 90-95 brackets are aluminum and they don't have problems. Yours is more likely to crack because there are 2 support struts and a power steering pump bracket that is missing. The struts went from the backside of the tensioner to the intake manifold. The power steering one goes from the pump to the exhaust manifold. None of those missing pieces will bolt on now because of your aftermarket intake manifold and headers but they could be modified to work.