hello to all

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baddgmc

Reaction score
has anyone ever converted a csfi vortec to tbi its a 98 gmc half ton 2wd

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome, I am sure it is doable, but it would involve a lot. They make a spider injector kit that actually replaces the the cfi with multiport injectors, this is it right here,
It solves the common problems the cfi units have.
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...=Search_02521_1303614_2147&pt=02521&ppt=C0024, we sell several of these a yr at work.
and then Felpro also makes a better intake manifold gasket set for the vortech motors, the stock gaskets seem to fail by 100k
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...=Search_02293_1303614_2147&pt=02293&ppt=C0026.

Now if you want to swap you would need a tbi manifold that works with vortec heads, or a carb manifold that works with vortech heads and tbi adapter plate, only problem is you can't keep the egr for emmissions easily with with the carb manifolds. Then you would need a distibutor from a tbi truck, the tbi unit, all the sensors for the tbi, a tbi computer, which then means you would either have to get a transmission from a tbi truck of the same yr as the computer was out, get a stand alone transmission computer, or see if it might be possible to get some one to tune that computer to work with the 98 trans. You would also need the tbi harness. there is a lot to it, and in the end you will probably loose a hand full of horse power from less fuel flow, you can offset it though by probably running the higher psi spring in the tbi unit. And if I was going through the head ache of all of this it would be to swap a 6.0 out of a newer gm truck instead.

baddgmc

Reaction score
thanks for the info,just knocking around the idea,ill probably go with the spider upgrade kit,thanks for the part#'s

baddgmc

Reaction score
this truck has been a hell of a project,its a katrina survivor,98 gmc reg cab sportside,68,000 actual miles not a scratch but totally submerged,had a4.3 in it plain jane,i bought a 98 silverado donor truck,pulled the 350 and harness out of it