Hello all

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crpk1500

Reaction score
Hey everyone! My name is Chris and I recently purchased a 96 k1500 that is in fairly decent shape although it looks like a kid owned it before me. I love the truck and have a ton of parts going in to bring it back to life. Sensors, full suspension refresh with some goodies, addressing rust and bringing back some OEM to the truck. One thing I’m seeing while looking for parts is that a lot of very crucial pieces are discontinued, which is a shame. I’m in need of things I can’t find. This is the truck when I picked it up. If anyone can inform me on where to find parts that would be great. I have scoured the internet and I guess some things just can’t be bought anymore new. I really need to address the power seat motors and need Interior plastic trim badly.
You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Hey everyone! My name is Chris and I recently purchased a 96 k1500 that is in fairly decent shape although it looks like a kid owned it before me. I love the truck and have a ton of parts going in to bring it back to life. Sensors, full suspension refresh with some goodies, addressing rust and bringing back some OEM to the truck. One thing I’m seeing while looking for parts is that a lot of very crucial pieces are discontinued, which is a shame. I’m in need of things I can’t find. This is the truck when I picked it up. If anyone can inform me on where to find parts that would be great. I have scoured the internet and I guess some things just can’t be bought anymore new. I really need to address the power seat motors and need Interior plastic trim badly.
You must be registered for see images attach
Welcome to the forum, from Houston, TX.
What area of the state are you in? Most of the big cities have a self service wrecking yard, and the ones in my area usually have a few 400s. They also have online inventory listings, so you can check the yard out before you go.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, finding discontinued parts for these trucks is getting harder but that just adds to the challenge. Interior plastic parts succumb to the harsh sunlight so they are very rare to find in good shape. As HotWheelsBurban said the local self service wrecking yards are the places to search for those rare parts. If you tell us what colour your interior is some others on here may well be able to point you to a local yard with available stock.

crpk1500

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, from Houston, TX.
What area of the state are you in? Most of the big cities have a self service wrecking yard, and the ones in my area usually have a few 400s. They also have online inventory listings, so you can check the yard out before you go.
Thanks for the welcome to all! I was actually born and raised in Houston but now live in Corpus Christi. There is only one pull a part down here and there are plenty of trucks but it’s like these people have radar for them lol. As soon as they are in they are stripped clean. I have even seen people go cut floor pans out. It’s insane. I have been checking daily but I can only get out there on the weekends due to work. I’ll keep going and see what I can find.
Welcome, finding discontinued parts for these trucks is getting harder but that just adds to the challenge. Interior plastic parts succumb to the harsh sunlight so they are very rare to find in good shape. As HotWheelsBurban said the local self service wrecking yards are the places to search for those rare parts. If you tell us what colour your interior is some others on here may well be able to point you to a local yard with available stock.
My interior has grey seats and tan doors lol. I have the entire interior out to address some rust and lizard skin the floors. Carpet won’t be going back in but I would like to get some good condition seats. I have the power seats that were in it torn apart to clean, rust treat and grease the tracks. The motors are weak and I wanted to replace them but searching the part number only brings up a motor craft part. Anyone have any experience with those?