Hello from Spring, Texas (Houston)!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndrewGS

Reaction score
Hey all, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I'm Andrew, from the northern Houston suburb of Spring. I just went in with my dad and got us a '99 Suburban C1500 LT with 117,000 miles on it. Her name is Jane because she comes from Janesville, Wisconsin. We've had a 400 Suburban before, a '94 C1500 Silverado, and loved it, but when the odometer rolled over 275,000 dad thought we might ought to get rid of it. It's been 5 years since and we're happy to rejoin the 400 family. My grandfather also had a 400, an '89 C1500 ECSB Silverado that I loved.

I've always held the 400s in high regard due to their style and the revolution they sparked in the late '80s and '90s by bringing the pickup into acceptable family transportation and with popularizing custom trucks. In my opinion they are timeless in design and the best looking trucks ever made. I also think they are very well built, but I don't know if anyone can sway me from believing that the more rust-resistant '81-'87 Squares ('73-'80 rust easily) are the best built trucks ever.

Now for a few photos. These aren't great, but they do the job until we get it cleaned up and I get some better shots.

You must be registered for see images attach

Now this is what I'm hoping it will look like in a year or so if I can talk dad into letting me put a set of 17" torq thrust IIs on it.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
:welcome: To GMT400! I'm Jack. Nice looking truck.

AndrewGS

Reaction score
Thanks, guys!

She's not perfect, but I think we got a deal at $3K. I've already put some new crystal headlamps on as the originals were dull, dad restored the top of the core support (had some surface rust spots and a dent, I told him he was a li'l nuts, lol), we put new battery cables on, we're in the process of upgrading to a CS144 140A alternator, we've got to restore the HVAC system, the power steering pump is leaking and I've got a new third brake light and tail lamps on order. On the inside, it needs a dash, dash bezel, carpet, perhaps some cleaner front seatbelts, new front seat covers, a center console cup holder lid, rear quarter panel trim and maybe a new headliner since the original is dirty. We're going to pull the interior and do that work this winter. The exterior comes next year.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Welcome from Nacogdoches but my parents live in Spring and I am there for a couple days a month. I went to Klein HS, if you know where that is.