Hello from Vermont

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowtiehigh

Reaction score
Greetings from Vermont. Have a new to me 88 Silverado 2500 HD. Just brought it home from Florida. Most trucks of this vintage in Vermont are long gone. RUST. Needs some work. Looks like this is a good forum to help. Thanks in advance.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, from Houston, Texas! I like the 8 lug big trucks, I have one myself ('97 C3500 Silverado crew cab long bed).
The people here are willing to help answer the questions you may have (and if they can't, will try to get assistance).
We like pictures, do you have any of it yet?

2drXmobb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Greetings from Vermont. Have a new to me 88 Silverado 2500 HD. Just brought it home from Florida. Most trucks of this vintage in Vermont are long gone. RUST. Needs some work. Looks like this is a good forum to help. Thanks in advance.
Hey welcome to the family, this is a great place the people here are very intelligent, kind and helpful. Good luck on your new vehicle and enjoy the journey building your rig.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. You have found the best place on the net, for info on these trucks. There are some grate people here that are willing to help, and have a ton of knowledge on these trucks.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Greetings from the finger lakes region of upstate NY. I lived in VT for 16+ years, loved every minute of it.
And like you, I found that anything affordable for sale in the VT used car market was rusted out beyond economic
repair...so I ended up bringing back cars from FL, GA, TX, Myrtle Beach, etc. Always drove the oldest stuff of anyone
& folks marveled at how clean they were.

And it sounds like your 35 year old '88 will give you the same experience today -- no doubt folks will start up
conversations when they see you at the gas station or hardware store. Great fun!

Currently I'm driving a '99 C2500 8-lug RCLB, primarily for treasure yard recon & misc. chore truck duties.
I enjoy every mile I can justify driving the beast. :0)

As for this forum, the total amount of accumulated experience/shared knowledge about the GMT400 platform
is amazing. This forum is a virtual version of the the old VT village hardware store where you would find the seasoned
mechanics hanging out around the pot-bellied stove drinking their coffee and sharing tips about how they
conquered the latest problem du jour.

By the way, clear pics are the real currency of this forum. They will be asked for early & often, so post away
when you get a chance.

Welcome.

Last edited:

Bowtiehigh

Reaction score
Thanks to all for the nice welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_3792.jpeg
    IMG_3792.jpeg
    417.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3792.jpeg
    IMG_3792.jpeg
    417.9 KB · Views: 13