Heater Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Recently my heater hasn't been working. Sometimes I turn the fan switch and it blows nothing no warm air at all. Tonight the fan worked but it blew cold air and nothing else. Can anyone diagnose what's wrong with my truck?

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Recently my heater hasn't been working. Sometimes I turn the fan switch and it blows nothing no warm air at all. Tonight the fan worked but it blew cold air and nothing else. Can anyone diagnose what's wrong with my truck?

ok, so when you turn on the heater, sometimes nothing happens and then sometimes it blows cold air? sounds like 2 different issues. 1st thing make sure water is flowing thru the heater core.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok, so when you turn on the heater, sometimes nothing happens and then sometimes it blows cold air? sounds like 2 different issues. 1st thing make sure water is flowing thru the heater core.

Tonight was the first time it blew cold air, other times it works perfectly fine without hesitation. 3-4 times I turn the fan switch and nothing has happened. I was thinking it could be the thermostat?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
T stat would not allow engine to get up to temp on the gauge so if running at normal temps then the thermostat is good. The no fan could be the switch or blower motor resistor. No heat could be switch or blend door actuator.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
T stat would not allow engine to get up to temp on the gauge so if running at normal temps then the thermostat is good. The no fan could be the switch or blower motor resistor. No heat could be switch or blend door actuator.

I'll return my thermostat I bought today and I'll pick up a resistor tomorrow install that Tuesday and hopefully my problems will be solved. If not the resistor how do I replace the switch? Sorry if that sounds like I stupid question.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fan switch is dead, I get nothing when turned on high. I also have no heat as well. Coldest week of winter this week, perfect timing too.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've no useful comments to make, just here for sympathy... sounds like you are having *my* luck with things.

All my cars seem to have problems that come in twos. I guess I'm lucky this time haha, we'll see if I for sure need a new switch this weekend.