Heater door flap servo/motor has intermittent problems.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TyrTheCreator

Reaction score
Hey guys,

A couple weeks ago, I bought a 93 C3500 dually, and for the most part, it's fantastic.

The only issue I keep having is with the electronic heater flap/door motor.

When I initially start the truck, it works perfectly. It blows a/c in my face where I set it.

The problem is, after about a half hour or so, it won't put any air out anywhere.

It closes everything, and the fan is still spinning normally, but just stirring the air around inside the duct.

If I stop to get gas or anything (even for a couple minutes) and restart it, it goes back to normal for another half hour or so.

I have read and watched YouTube videos of guys that have this generation of chevy pickup and they say the motor makes horrible loud noise when it goes out.

Is it on its way out, and that's why it works intermittently?

Or, is it more likely to be the control unit?

IvI' pulled all fuses and checked them with a meter. All are good.

Checked electrical continuity of the wiring between the control panel and the motor. All checks out.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tyler

emso

Reaction score
Hey guys,

A couple weeks ago, I bought a 93 C3500 dually, and for the most part, it's fantastic.

The only issue I keep having is with the electronic heater flap/door motor.

When I initially start the truck, it works perfectly. It blows a/c in my face where I set it.

The problem is, after about a half hour or so, it won't put any air out anywhere.

It closes everything, and the fan is still spinning normally, but just stirring the air around inside the duct.

If I stop to get gas or anything (even for a couple minutes) and restart it, it goes back to normal for another half hour or so.

I have read and watched YouTube videos of guys that have this generation of chevy pickup and they say the motor makes horrible loud noise when it goes out.

Is it on its way out, and that's why it works intermittently?

Or, is it more likely to be the control unit?

IvI' pulled all fuses and checked them with a meter. All are good.

Checked electrical continuity of the wiring between the control panel and the motor. All checks out.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tyler
I'm having the same issues in a 1995 k2500. Have you been able to solve it?
thanks