Headlight Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I got the LED's from superbright and one of them didn't work for the HVAC and the ones for the dash gave me a hotspot on the speedo. I wasn't impressed. I just ended up going to a 5W bulb, Slyvania #2825 and now my dash is much brighter. So I'm going to return the LED's... I wasn't impressed with them much. I may try some for my overhead console lights though.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Well I got the LED's from superbright and one of them didn't work for the HVAC and the ones for the dash gave me a hotspot on the speedo. I wasn't impressed. I just ended up going to a 5W bulb, Slyvania #2825 and now my dash is much brighter. So I'm going to return the LED's... I wasn't impressed with them much. I may try some for my overhead console lights though.

So you just pulled all the bulbs out of the sockets they are in, then slipped the 2825s in the sockets and put them back, called it good?

all my HVAC bulbs are out, and the bulb behind my headlight knob is out, but Ive tried and tried to get the hvac controls out, I cant figure it out?

any tips?

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you just pulled all the bulbs out of the sockets they are in, then slipped the 2825s in the sockets and put them back, called it good?

all my HVAC bulbs are out, and the bulb behind my headlight knob is out, but Ive tried and tried to get the hvac controls out, I cant figure it out?

any tips?

There are 2 clips on each side of the hvac unit, be careful, but use a flathead to press one in and pull the unit out one side at the time. The hvac unit uses different bulbs.

But yes, I used that Sylvania number which are almost twice as bright as the factory 194's. They are about $4.50 for 2 of them, but still cheaper than LED's and only come in white.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Thanks, I will do that... they seems hard to find with the silver cap on the front though. I will look.
I dont think the silver reflector helps much..... the stok lights never had them and pluse the 9006 halogen bulbs have a reflective covered tip for that reason. the only reason to get those lights with the reflectors is if tou have HID's and even then I would get projector lights lol, and the other question if my lights are bright?; yes they are very bright, but you have to adjust them right.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I dont think the silver reflector helps much..... the stok lights never had them and pluse the 9006 halogen bulbs have a reflective covered tip for that reason. the only reason to get those lights with the reflectors is if tou have HID's and even then I would get projector lights lol, and the other question if my lights are bright?; yes they are very bright, but you have to adjust them right.

Thanks for the info man.

--You should change your sig size to 600x185 man, it's a little large, and takes up a lot of room when I use my ipod.

Just looking out for you.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Thanks for the info man.

--You should change your sig size to 600x185 man, it's a little large, and takes up a lot of room when I use my ipod.

Just looking out for you.
Sorry man I re adjusted it so hope fully it isn't bad any more lol, and any time :)