Head scratcher

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rich Lofton

Reaction score
Ask for a little help, I Have 91 Chevy K1500 . Won't start, lights come on but won't turn over. Had a starter problem but fixed that, and still no start. Thinking it's a electric problem? Any advice is better then none.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you checked the battery voltage?

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you hear anything, like the Solenoid engaging? Does everything else come on with key, particularly the stereo? It could be anything from a loose connection to the neutral safety switch (as stated above), to a bad starter out of the box. Could also be the key ignition switch. I'd start with checking voltage to the starter and the ground strap located on the frame next to it. If that checks out, test the starter to make sure it's working correctly. If it's receiving voltage and the starter works, there's a switch interfering, if everything else comes on with key on and turns off when turned to start it's likely the neutral safety switch (again, adding to previous point).

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Check out the battery cables, they can have corrosion in them that isn't obvious. Also check out the connections

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
light dim when you try to start?
is it seized? remove serp belt and see if it moves.