has anyone used a Jet performance M.A.F. sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has anyone used one of these, performance M.A.F. sensors? I got one from a friend. I installed it. Didn't see much difference, then 3 days later it trips a M.A.F. sensor code in my ECM. I cleared the code, and just put my original back in. My truck has mods. Jet programmer set to max, cold air filter, cold thermostat (170 degree) headers, true duel exhaust with old school glass packs. and a bullet distributor. Also the defuser plate has been removed from the throttle body, and the Vortec box behind the throttle body supply tubing has been removed and the hole has been capped off. The Bud who I got it from clams it is good for a stock system. He is running a 383 stroker. He clams the sensor is set for a measured amount of air, and his engine flows to much air. It trips a code as soon as he puts it on his truck.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've never read anything positive about aftermarket MAF sensors. From what I understand, they supply a different set of readings than the stock one, usually to compensate for a CAI install. I've read about people installing them and then having similar issues because the computer is expecting something else. Also, if you ever decide to step up to a custom tune they'll make things even more wacky because your tuner is going to work off of the stock MAF readings, not the ones your JET unit will provide.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a Granetelli one for my truck and I didn't notice any difference eiather. Lucky the one I got I didn't have to pay for. Otherwise I would have been pissed.