Had fun today, NOT !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Brings back memories. Years ago, I mean years ago. I had gotten out of the service and moved back to KC, Mo. Early 80's got tickets for a Chiefs game. Had a 73 K1500 and went with two friends. Cold, I mean cold enough that only about 5k people was there. Parked close to a snow drift from them plowing parking lot. Came out after game and would not turn over. Ended up needing a starter. Got a friend to bring me a starter and I laid on my back and changed it. Was barely above "0". Ahhhh, good times.

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those little starters look weird when the solenoid is almost as big as the starter motor itself. But they do the job, I have them on both my trucks. They do sound different than the OEM units though.

Only thing in stock in a hurry to get before more snow storm. Autozone duralast gold it says.. The lifetime warranty STUFF ya replace every year LOL...

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Only thing in stock in a hurry to get before more snow storm. Autozone duralast gold it says.. The lifetime warranty STUFF ya replace every year LOL...
Yup! I try to get the lifetime warranty stuff from O'Reilly's when I can afford it. My friend at the Stafford store is good about taking care of warranty stuff. I've had to warranty a water pump and an O2 sensor, on the Burb, they did it without issues.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I blew out the clutch line in the truck in my avatar coming up to a big pile with known huge logs burried under the pile. Plow truck with a built big block, it wouldnt stall as it was climbing and bouncing at idle with me standing on the weak front-only breaks and yanking on the shifter to try to get it out of gear... Then the electric fans back-feed and kept power to the distributor as they wind down after I turn the ignition switch off.

Fun stuff with plow trucks.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Shoveling snow will warm you right up. I have an old Wheel Horse with a snow blower no cab so freeze my butt off clearing snow. It is quicker though