got myself a 86 ta pics! with my dd 90 gmt400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the posative feedback guys. But now I have a dilemma, I have the chance to get a 84 c4 for 1500, but that means the trans am has to go. But I love the idea of 4 seats, but there's nothing like saying I have a corvette. What do you guys think?

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, but it wouldnt suck as bad as the vette itself. At that price, someone is trying to dump their unfixable project on you. Starting with the 1984 model, the vettes went downhill very badly.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Keep the T/A, the Vettes of the later 70's to the early 90's were just plain useless. Keep the T/A and you wont have to deal with awful insurance rates.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, but atleast the 75-82's still looked good lol. They really bottomed out on the 84-95? I cant remember when the last crappy vette was made.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Oh yeah, was a good looking car, but not exactly a "performance" car.

You're right, the 74 stingray was the last performance build of the longnose vettes, 454!!! If you look at the specs of the 75-82 350's, they're just "RV cammed" stock 350's, but hey, you got recognized driving it though! That's all that mattered during the gas crunch.

Then the 84-early 90's were REALLY built for I don't know what, can't say looks, cuz they failed in that area of development.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You're right, the 74 stingray was the last performance build of the longnose vettes, 454!!! If you look at the specs of the 75-82 350's, they're just "RV cammed" stock 350's, but hey, you got recognized driving it though! That's all that mattered during the gas crunch.

Then the 84-early 90's were REALLY built for I don't know what, can't say looks, cuz they failed in that area of development.

Im not a big Vette guy, but the 60's ones were just beautiful. Also, the ones they released these last couple of years are just retarded fast for "cheap". From the years that vettes kinda looked good but sucked for performance, Id take a Datsun Z car.....with an LS motor :D

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i agree with the perofmance on the vetts expecially with the crossfire injection, but nothing beats saying you have a vett, and my older brother was looking to get a c3 and ls1 swap it, and i always loved the c4s so it was just a thought. i think im going to stick with the trans am sense i already have most of the parts for the swap. i was thinking about getting hids but i found these on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7x6-...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item588a1699ff and with these bulbs http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H3-5...es&fits=Submodel:Trans+Am&hash=item33692feb6a, i was wondering if they would fit in thoes housings, or in the stock housings as a cheap subsitiute for hids.