got myself a 86 ta pics! with my dd 90 gmt400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey guys just thought id share some pics of my new project its a 86 trans am. it has pennsylvania plates, but is an orginal california car. its going to get a 5 speed swap soon. tell me what you guys think.

with my silverado
You must be registered for see images attach

when i first got it home. the rims were free just to get it home.. i had to tow it. lol

with the new rims, weld draglites.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice project. what size motor is going in it? what was those rims 22inch knockoffs?

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks like a pretty solid F-Body! Reminds me a bit of my 82' firebird when i first bought it. I'm guessing it has the 305/700R4 combo? A 5 speed swap is gonna be a fun project lol How's the interior and floorboards and subframe? If ya have any questions feel free to ask! I know quite abit about the fbodys! :handshake:

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
350 with 700R4 for sure. All you guys keep popping up with F bodies and it makes me miss mine. Who knows, maybe I will end up with a summer car next year!!!

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Did you tow it from pennsylvania?

Problem2420

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks like a pretty solid F-Body! Reminds me a bit of my 82' firebird when i first bought it. I'm guessing it has the 305/700R4 combo? A 5 speed swap is gonna be a fun project lol How's the interior and floorboards and subframe? If ya have any questions feel free to ask! I know quite abit about the fbodys! :handshake:

your exactly right 305 with a 700r4. the interior in almost perfect just a little thining on the headliner but no sagging or ripping except for dash. but the cars pretty solid, thanks i will sure ask alot.

CapnCrunch53

Reaction score
Nice man, I have a '91 Firebird as my fun car. These thirdgens can be made to handle really well with just a bit of work, they're pretty fun cars IMO.