GMT400 You can't quit looking at!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
SAS stands for Solid Axle Swap and yes LB and SB stand for long block and short block.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you just want the dually yes to a point, you still need clearance for the tires in the rear so you need to make the bed into a dually bed or make a flatbed or at least have it lifted far enough that the wheelwells are no longer a issue.

so what does an 8 lug boy like myself have to do? put maybe two more leaf springs for some more lift in case it ever sits down with the weight <--which has never happened lol

i just need dually adapters n rims for the back and some fenders and a 4.56 gear ratio a goosneck hitch and im ready?!?! already got the transmission too lol maybe upgrade to a aftermarket tranny cooler with electric fan in front??

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
SAS stands for Solid Axle Swap and yes LB and SB stand for long block and short block.

oh ok lol aww yess SAS is beast!! its actually easier for me to do it since im 2wd lol i dont have to cut much just need a trasnfercase with u joint ends instead of theat push in,and a driveshaft done! ford dana 60 8 lug for sure since i would want lockout hubs :O :]

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
so what does an 8 lug boy like myself have to do? put maybe two more leaf springs for some more lift in case it ever sits down with the weight <--which has never happened lol

i just need dually adapters n rims for the back and some fenders and a 4.56 gear ratio a goosneck hitch and im ready?!?! already got the transmission too lol maybe upgrade to a aftermarket tranny cooler with electric fan in front??

i think there is no way around cutting the box and adding the filler panel unless you drill through to the inner box and then make a bigger hole on the inside to get in there to put on the nuts, so for parts it's dually adapters up front and then the the rear gets the dually flares and the filler panel

Last edited: