GMT400 Parts Availability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Minn95Dually

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have been a lurker for awhile now absorbing as much institutional knowledge all of you have provided on the vast range of topics for these trucks. For that, I thank all of you for sharing.

I have a 1995 Bone Stock, C3500 Silverado Dually 7.4L with about 110,000 on the clock. It has been used to haul a Lance camper all of its life. Mostly on summer road trips so almost all those miles are road miles. I want to keep this truck and I am starting to see that some parts are NLA. Is it time to start stockpiling those parts that are facing extinction?
Is there a list out there, or maybe a list of critical parts that should be had now before its too late?

Minn95Dually

Reaction score
I don't know. I was reading a post a while back on ignition issues. Truck was stumbling and one response was it could be the distributer bushing is bad. Known problem I think. Something about the new distributers are now made in China and better to try and rebuild the OEM but some parts not available. Something like that. That got me thinking......

Only repairs done to my dually was scheduled maintenance. Only things replaced in it's lifetime were brakes, hydroboost at the time. That's it.