GMT400 - Community Scan Tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Illbedipped

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, @termite, you are next on the list since @Raycecar was a 'one post wonder' and has not replied. Please DM me your address in the next day or two so we can keep the community scan tool in progress.

Team - I was not able to figure out how to get the ABS solenoids to energize for brake bleeding. I was connected with the correct set up. Maybe my ABS solenoids are toast?

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, @termite, you are next on the list since @Raycecar was a 'one post wonder' and has not replied. Please DM me your address in the next day or two so we can keep the community scan tool in progress.

Team - I was not able to figure out how to get the ABS solenoids to energize for brake bleeding. I was connected with the correct set up. Maybe my ABS solenoids are toast?
I'll take a shot at bleeding my 95s ABS and see if i have any luck, can't hurt. DM should be over to you shortly.

Ive only got one day every other weekend to work on projects such as this so be advised I'll likely have it for 3-4 weeks.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Received scanner today and even had a few minutes to hook it up. Will be looking into some how-to videos in free time the next few days.

Was able to connect to abs unit as a rwal even though I'm fairly confident mine is 4wal....

You must be registered for see images attach

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
1995 Suburban K2500 7.4L 4L80e. Fairly certain it is 4 wheel ABS. Kelsey Hayes unit has both front and rear lines from master feeding into it.

I am able to connect scanner to it by choosing RWAL and hear the ABS unit clunk like the valves cycle and claims there are no codes for the system. No surprise there. There is no option for a functional test of the ABS system that I can find in the menu just codes and descriptions of them.

Choosing 4WAL in the vehicle ID doesn't connect as others here have noted.

Any one here have experience with successfully using one of these scanners with the ABS system?

Have some time Saturday to take it for a ride and see if I can get it to trigger my intermittent EGR code.

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1995 Suburban K2500 7.4L 4L80e. Fairly certain it is 4 wheel ABS. Kelsey Hayes unit has both front and rear lines from master feeding into it.

I am able to connect scanner to it by choosing RWAL and hear the ABS unit clunk like the valves cycle and claims there are no codes for the system. No surprise there. There is no option for a functional test of the ABS system that I can find in the menu just codes and descriptions of them.

Choosing 4WAL in the vehicle ID doesn't connect as others here have noted.

Any one here have experience with successfully using one of these scanners with the ABS system?

Have some time Saturday to take it for a ride and see if I can get it to trigger my intermittent EGR code.
See post 145 - 150.
Are you putting the bare wires into the correct spots in the diagnostic port?
I got it to brrrr momentarily, thinking it wasn't correct. Seems a moment is all that is needed.

Attachments

• 20230829_175756.jpg
    20230829_175756.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 5