GMT400 - Community Scan Tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N9nefingers

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly what was happening for me. Finally gave up on it. Probably going to just pull the ABS unit and get rid of it.

FrankieD61

The Stooge Called Slappy: Slappy'sAutoService
Reaction score
Sadly, no ABS love for me and my '95 OBD1.
It's working on engine stuff .... O2 sensors, IAC, Coolant temps, open/closed loop, idle speed, etc ..... but no ABS. The good news is there's no codes stored at all. Air bag, engine, etc... all good... and no check engine light or other lights on.

I'm going to read up on it some tonight to see if there's a way to access ABS.
Pic of the display for ABS ....
I reconnected and repeated the process 6 or 8 times to no avail.
You must be registered for see images attach

Is the cartridge going bad? Check the contacts on the ABS cartridge they may be dirty. Shot in the dark here, but worth a shot.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like you need the Multi-1 adapter. I have an extra one I can send out to you. PM me the address and then just include it with the kit when the scanner moves along.
Then I’m officially on the list. If it doesn’t work for @bugdewde after this adapter, I’ll remove my place on the list, although I wouldn’t object to @N9nefingers jumping ahead of me, since it didn’t work for him.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I'd like to jump in line as well. If I'm reading this right, it'll go as below.
Bugdewde
Illbedipped
Raycecar
N9nefingers/Caman96
Termite

WICruiser-97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am trying to determine if this would work for two areas on a 1997 C1500 w/5.0 l engine:
I need to read/adjust the CMP offset
I need to bleed the ABS system

From the basic description and model year range covered it seems like it should do both?

If so I would like ot get in line for this great service being offerede to forum members.

studigggs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That would be awesome! Thanks so much. I just sent PM.

On its way. Be interested to know if it works as well. I only have RWAL, so I know automated bleeding is not an option for me. The thing about these older Snap-On scanners is that you really don't know what it can do or what adapter you need until you connect to the vehicle and let it tell you. The first one I bought was to read a Ford 6.0 and it took 3 separate purchases to finally get the correct keys and adapters to access the various modules. Below is a link to the Snap-On GM reference manual, it gives good basic info but by no means is a complete account of available PIDs and functional tests.

As I mentioned in the original post, if the scanner tells you to insert a key or affix an adapter that isnt included in the kit, just reply and post it here. I most likely have extras.

https://www.snapon.com/Files/Diagno...leCommunicationSoftwareManual_EAZ0025B01H.pdf

WICruiser-97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It sounds like this tool would work for my CMP offset, probably not for my ABS but I would like to be officially added to the list (not sure how that works or where to find out where someone is at on the list). Is there a way to predict how long it may be before my turn on the list may appear?