GMC 3500 w/7.4L CC lb heater problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cigarman63

Reaction score
My 98 heat stopped working. I flushed the heater core,but I couldn’t find the heater control valve. I had it sitting next to a 7.4 97-99 3/4 ton suburban with the hoods up. The suburban had the valve in line with the heater hoses, mine just has the hoses going into the firewall. Could there be another location?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
My 98 heat stopped working. I flushed the heater core,but I couldn’t find the heater control valve. I had it sitting next to a 7.4 97-99 3/4 ton suburban with the hoods up. The suburban had the valve in line with the heater hoses, mine just has the hoses going into the firewall. Could there be another location?

You don't have one in the truck. If the engine is getting up to temperature, I'd suspect the blend door is not moving.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Is it blowing? If is blowing, is it cold instead of warm? If is, then could be a blend door actuator or control head.

Can you get an infra red temp gun reading of the inlet hose at firewall, that would be the hose closest to engine and a temp reading at the outlet hose. How close in temp are they?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I think the Suburbans did get them. I think Hotwheelsburban has mentioned it before.... could be a dual HVAC thing?
Yes it's a Burb thing. If Tahoe/Yukon 4 doors had rear air and heat, they should have them too. But the pickups never had them. So the coolant is always running through the heater core, and in hot climates this does affect the AC system performance. The square body trucks had this same basic setup, and Dad used to put a manual shutoff valve inline. Made the AC cool lots better in the humid SE Texas summer....