Glass Composite Headlamps Recoimendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am looking for a factory style set of lamps, without the factory costs.
Does anyone make a composite set of lamps that have a Glass housing like the OE?
Thanks

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
They're on ebay. I may get a set myself. My original lights are very frosted, and I don't really want to make a project out of polishing my originals right now.... too much other stuff to do.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The only glass housings I'm aware of for these trucks are the Spyder HD-YD-CCK88-C.

https://www.amazon.com/Spyder-Auto-Chrome-Crystal-Headlight/dp/B004WMF8SG

Everything else (including factory housings) are plastic as far as I know.

I was under the impression that Spyder was just one brand that was marketing them.... you know how the Chinese factories typically sell the same products to multiple marketing companies/brands.

Some of the reviews on Amazon are terrible for those lights. I haven't checked the all plastic ones yet, Though.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was under the impression that Spyder was just one brand that was marketing them.... you know how the Chinese factories typically sell the same products to multiple marketing companies/brands.

Some of the reviews on Amazon are terrible for those lights. I haven't checked the all plastic ones yet, Though.

Fairly certain that SONAR are the manufacturers and they sell stock to distributors. Regardless, it's pretty much all the same stuff. I just call them Spyders whenever they're brought up because that's who I would personally recommend buying them from (mainly because they're on Amazon, and Amazon's return policy is great).

carzan

Reaction score
I've got the glass ones in my truck for 3 years now. Appears to be the same thing as mentioned by df2x4. I got mine on ebay at that time.
I wouldn't have anything else. Along with Wagner BP9005TVX2 bulbs.

Voodude

Reaction score
I am looking for a factory style set of lamps, without the factory costs.
Does anyone make a composite set of lamps that have a Glass housing like the OE?
Thanks

I have a set of Spyder glass headlights. Much cleaner look than the OEM. I had a shop align them and are okay, but can use a few turns from center. The adjustment screws i would say be a problem if maxed out. Got a combo kit with the LED turn signals that i didnt install because the changes made some signals go haywire. Hyper flashing, some not work and went dark. Went back to halogen and standard bulbs. Ditched the LED except the clear corner signals.

Also lense are clear went with Sylvania H11 XtraVision Halogen bulb. Theyre bright enough to light the street. Returned LEDs Sealight 9005hb3/9006hb4 9006 combo package 6000k, stop and backup lamps from Amazon. They were nice and bright, but didnt want to blind anyone oncoming.

One thing when doing this upgrade if things get wacky to fix the issue buy the EP29 (96 Tahoe) turn signal flasher relay.

You must be registered for see images attach

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a set of Spyder glass headlights. Much cleaner look than the OEM. I had a shop align them and are okay, but can use a few turns from center. The adjustment screws i would say be a problem if maxed out. Got a combo kit with the LED turn signals that i didnt install because the changes made some signals go haywire. Hyper flashing, some not work and went dark. Went back to halogen and standard bulbs. Ditched the LED except the clear corner signals.

Also lense are clear went with Sylvania H11 XtraVision Halogen bulb. Theyre bright enough to light the street. Returned LEDs Sealight 9005hb3/9006hb4 9006 combo package 6000k, stop and backup lamps from Amazon. They were nice and bright, but didnt want to blind anyone oncoming.

One thing when doing this upgrade if things get wacky to fix the issue buy the EP29 (96 Tahoe) turn signal flasher relay.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thank you for the input...
I purchased a pair of the Spyder lenses from Amazon, the consensus looked to be pretty good.
Additionally it cost just an extra 5 dollars to put a 3 year warranty on them to replace.
They come with a set of bulbs that I dont expect to be to good, but should cover me until I grab a better set and determione if I like them.
No worry on the LED flashing concerns, I did not plan to go that route.
Thanks for the input!