Getting Cargo Light BRIGHT!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Nice! You've got me thinking now. What I would love to do is be able to fill that whole light with red or white lights depending on the situation. So for example, when braking, the entire third brake light would be filled with red LEDs, but when you need the cargo light, it fills with bright white LEDs......hmmmm

That would be a cool ideer, your have to get either two LED light strips one white, and one red on top of each other . Or If you could find LED lights that can change colors, But then you would need some sort of computer that tells it when to be red or white.

Ever see those LED lights for your turn signals, they light up white when your running lights are on, But when they are signalling, they turn into amber.. I wonder how they make that happen... Would be awesome to have them red/white

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
That would be a cool ideer, your have to get either two LED light strips one white, and one red on top of each other . Or If you could find LED lights that can change colors, But then you would need some sort of computer that tells it when to be red or white.

Ever see those LED lights for your turn signals, they light up white when your running lights are on, But when they are signalling, they turn into amber.. I wonder how they make that happen... Would be awesome to have them red/white

Exactly what I'm thinking. The simplest way to pull this off would definitely be the two separate LED strips, but I think it would be much cooler to have an LED capable of switching colors. Anyone know where you can purchase these??

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
Nice! You've got me thinking now. What I would love to do is be able to fill that whole light with red or white lights depending on the situation. So for example, when braking, the entire third brake light would be filled with red LEDs, but when you need the cargo light, it fills with bright white LEDs......hmmmm

In my old truck I made a 36" red led 3rd brake light for the back window, bought the leds here and mounted them in an aluminum channel
http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips/photos

You might be able to fit one row of red leds in between two rows of white leds into the light, the leds are about 1/4" wide

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
Ya know those Emergency Triangle they sell at auto parts stores? I bought a set of them, tore em apart to use the lenses over top of my led bar, I didn't like seeing individual lights, I wanted a glow instead

You must be registered for see images attach

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
Ya know those Emergency Triangle they sell at auto parts stores? I bought a set of them, tore em apart to use the lenses over top of my led bar, I didn't like seeing individual lights, I wanted a glow instead

Nice!

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
They are VERY bright too, I'm sure the white leds would be even brighter - think I'm gonna do this soon, cheap original mod!

Keep me posted on your project too! :waytogo: