Getting Cargo Light BRIGHT!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
The lines/ridges in the factory cargo light lenses are to help aim the light downwards BTW. A clear plexiglass lens won't aim as well, but it's better than nothing.

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm also unhappy with the cargo light output. I was thinking about running LED strips along the entire length of the bedrails on the underside and under my tool box. It wouldn't do a ton for stuff that was high up, but I guess I have flashlights. We'll see if I get serious about trying this. I suppose if you wanted to have some fun you could use blue lights or green for some lighting effects. I'm sure I'll just do white if i ever attempt this. Shouldn't be too hard to tap into the cargo light switch circuit.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
I'm also unhappy with the cargo light output. I was thinking about running LED strips along the entire length of the bedrails on the underside and under my tool box. It wouldn't do a ton for stuff that was high up, but I guess I have flashlights. We'll see if I get serious about trying this. I suppose if you wanted to have some fun you could use blue lights or green for some lighting effects. I'm sure I'll just do white if i ever attempt this. Shouldn't be too hard to tap into the cargo light switch circuit.

I was considering the same thing; as long as the lights under the bed rails are triggered by the cargo light switch, along with the 3rd brake light, it should work out really nice

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score

I like the idea of bed rail lighting, I'm just not to that stage yet in bed storage yet! I still need a tool box and am going to weld up some angle iron on the bed rails and make some kind of exo-cage for it.

But good idea!