Gauges gone mad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnny_buchanan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gauges on Red Dust will go mad when I turn on the lights :(
Temp and oil pressure goes all white, fuel shows no white at all and both indicator greens stay on. This is accompanied by dim red check gauges light.
Probably something that has happened to someone else with '88 before, ideas?

-J

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnny_buchanan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^
Never mind! I did what I do to my italians when they do something of the sort and whacked the top of the dashboard. All fine and dandy now

-J

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Mine does the same, a big bump or a smack takes care of it for a while... I think it's a grounding issue.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I had a 91 camaro one time that had crazy dash light/gauge problems when the lights were turned on. I used to smack the dash and it seemed to solve it for a little while, ut it ended up being the headlight switch, it was faulty and making it do weird things

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Did it **** with your signals also? Like when you turn on a signal, all the gauges swing like crazy?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Corrosion on the dash cluster connection or grounds....or rear gauge cluster connector not fully seated.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Did it **** with your signals also? Like when you turn on a signal, all the gauges swing like crazy?

Not really but it would make the signal indicator lights on the dash stay lit

Sent from DAS DOOLAY!!!