Gauge cluster swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just wondering if it would be possible to swap my 94 GMC Sierra 1500 gauge cluster with no tachometer for a gauge cluster from a 94 Chevy suburban that's fully loaded with a tachometer very easily? They are both 5.7L TBIs, is it possible?

Sent from the Sierra Club

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
You *may* have to run a wire to the ignition coil for the tach to function, but I doubt it on that year model. It should be plug'n'play otherwise.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
92-94 it's direct plug and play for non-tach cluster upgrade to tach cluster. Just be sure to get one from a truck with a similar engine - V8 for V8, V6 for V6. And in case it wasn't obvious, don't get a cluster from a diesel truck. :gr_grin:

Richard

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
92-94 it's direct plug and play for non-tach cluster upgrade to tach cluster. Just be sure to get one from a truck with a similar engine - V8 for V8, V6 for V6. And in case it wasn't obvious, don't get a cluster from a diesel truck. :gr_grin:

Richard

what Richard said... it's a matter of taking one out and putting the other back in. piece of cake.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Well you do have to swap the odometers, but that's not difficult either. If we don't have a write up for that, FSC does.